An evidence-based approach
We follow Dr. Stuart McGill’s science-based approach for dealing with low back pain. All trainers at 360PT have studied the work of Dr. McGill, widely regarded as one of the world’s leading experts on low back pathologies.
360PT founder, Andy Marlow has attended McGill’s clinical courses in the United States and the Netherlands. He is the only McGill Method Certified personal trainer in Paris.
We have a close working relationship with Paris-based physiotherapist, Paul Beurskens who has also attended all of Dr. McGill’s clinical courses. We refer our clients out to him for manual therapy when required. If you don’t live in Paris we find you a manual therapist with similar skills close to where you live.
All our low back pain clients are encouraged to read McGill’s ‘Back Mechanic’, written for the layman. If you want to become pain-free again, then you need to take an active role in your recovery.
online low back pain program
Before the start of the COVID-19 pandemic I believed that in-person consultations were necessary to be able to successfully help clients with low back pain.
However, I’ve happily been proven wrong after having had the opportunity to help several clients exclusively online to get rid of their debilitating back pain and become pain-free again.
- An initial 120 minute session including: an extensive biomechanical assessment to identify the postures, movements and loads that cause your pain, guidance on how to practice spine hygiene so you avoid provoking your pain unnecessarily, and the teaching of correct exercise technique.
- A personalized training program to develop the muscular endurance required to maintain good posture, delivered via easy-to-use software with a video and precise specifications for each exercise. This should be done daily for best results.
- Three additional 60 minute live online sessions to check your technique and adapt your program according to your progress. These sessions can be used over a period of 3-6 weeks, depending on your individual speed of recovery.
Who it's for:
- You have low back pain that varies in intensity throughout the day. If your pain changes, there is a reason. We’ll help you identify and understand the reason to help you become pain-free again.
- Pain pills and rest haven’t made your back better.
- You’re ready to take responsibility for and be involved in the healing of your back, instead of expecting passive treatments to ‘fix’ it for you.
- You’re prepared to engage in a daily exercise program to expand your pain-free capabilities and develop an injury-resistant back.